Fenton Friday: Mini-Harvest

We had a monsoon on Tuesday evening. It was a really gully-washer that last about an hour. I was afraid my new seedlings were swept away, but they are still there and everything at the community garden plot got a good 2+ inches.

I picked several mini bell peppers, a couple 'SunGreen' tomatoes, one red cherry tomato (cannot recall variety), and lots of carrots plus salad greens.

I don't know HOW my salad greens have not bolted yet, but they haven't so I'm letting a half-row of them stay for now.

Also pinched back some of my basil plants which are starting to flower and ripped out my old Calendula. It was still flowering, but was looking rather woody, overgrown, and sad. It had made several babies around it so I thinned them and hope a few take its place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
washingtongardener-Bleacher-Report © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top