Post Produce Day

Fellow garden writer Daniel Gasteiger had started "Post Produce" day on the 22nd of each month over at his blog, http://www.smallkitchengarden.net/. We garden bloggers are instructed to post about what our edible gardens are producing and to share it with a link back.

This month at my community garden plot, the carrots are producing very well. This was a big surprise to me as I'd always been told carrots do not do well for us in the Mid-Atlantic region. Am please to say, that the prevailing wisdom was wrong -- at least for this growing season.

So you are probably wondering why a cat is in my carrot photo above. That is because Santino, the cat, would not leave the carrots alone after I harvested them and washed off most of the soil and brought them in for their photo op. This is what I get for buying him a stuffed-carrot catnip toy! He is now busily chewing away on a small one I sacrificed to him, the rest are in the crisper drawer awaiting a carrot-raisin salad I plan to make later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
washingtongardener-Bleacher-Report © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top